Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I love to read and write week!

This week is "I love to read and write week" at Sarah's school. (and my school too!) Big Fun! The week kicked off with each class decorating their door like a favorite book, then today was dress like a book character (Sarah was Kirsten Larson from the American Girl series.) tonight was "unlock the Mystery of writing night", Wednesday is "rock -n- read" where rocking chairs are set up all around the school and the kids and teachers can just sit and read for a while throughout the day, Thursday is "read aloud shuffle" and the teachers switch classrooms to read aloud to a different class, then finally on Friday is "reading at the beach"! All of the kids bring in a beach towel, dress "beachy" and find a spot in the gym to read. It's a much loved school tradition! Here I am as "Kirsten Larson" with my teacher Ms. Kendall tonight (Ms. Kenall was Christian's teacher too when he was in 2nd grade) at the "unlock the mystery of writing" night. I think she is some kind of princess! Pretty dress Ms. Kendall! My Great-Grandma stitched my shawl. (it's really a little table cloth.)
Here I am helping at my class booth. Every class had a booth with an activity about reading and writing to do, when the kids completed each activity they got a stamp on their paper. After I got done helping I went to all of the other booths and did their activities, then we visited the book fair that started tonight in our library. I love the book fair!

I'm the "very hungry caterpillar".


Here I am as the "cat in the hat"!



2 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah. I love that idea of your school's "I love to read and write week". I bet you all have a great time. Georgia and Josie are reading the Kirsten books next! They will be very excited to see you dressed as her. You look beautiful. I love the shawl. They have been pretending to be colonial / pioneer girls FOREVER now. EVERY DAY! I will try to get them on here soon to see you and leave another comment.
    take care. Give you mom a kiss for me!!
    xoxo Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sarah! you look good in your Kirsten clothes. I think kirsten is my favorite american girl.We miss you and love you. Keep posting!xoxo love Georgia and Josie

    ReplyDelete